Sunday 14 December 2008

Workout Sun 14/12

Warm Up - 33 - advanced (63 reps)

Co-ordination - 20 - advanced (33 reps)

Ear Training - 39 - advanced (46 reps)

Guitar used - Mexican Strat

Notes:
Well ! Talk about improvement ! Actually, I think I just got lucky with tonight's exercise selection (which was still random !) - they just suited the way I play more than some of the recent exercises. Which means I ought to be able to play them better, but also that they're probably not as beneficial. So, WU33 was done at 140BPM, CO20 also at 140BPM (just scraped advanced) and ET39 at 150BPM (faster, but still just scraped advanced). And, I stuck to alternate picking all the way through - no fall backs to bad habits & sweep picking ! Not fooling myself that I've turned a corner or anything, but after a couple of fairly poor shows, quite heartening.

Changed the warm up slightly - a little more variation, but still using the chromatic exercises from the web with some additional stretching exercises. Seemed to work fairly well.

No comments: